Thursday, April 25, 2013

Miner's Ravine Trail | Roseville California Trails

I've had several people find this blog lately and so I am thinking maybe I should keep it up!! Ever since having a third child (which at this point was over a year ago...no more excuses, right??) I feel like life has just become crazier and crazier! I'm sure it won't stop being crazy, so I'll just learn to deal with it. Since this blog isn't necessarily about my personal life, I will spare you the details :)

Along with parks I am going to be adding other fun things to do with kids such as hiking trails, museums, etc. that I have found and that maybe you would want  to try too...or maybe I can save you the trip if I tell you it's a waste of time...haha...

Today I'm rambling about the Miner's Ravine Trail in Roseville. CLICK HERE for a map to the Sierra College entrance. There are MANY entrances and several places where it splits off or enters neighborhoods, but the main trail is about 4 miles long and goes from Sierra College Blvd to Folsom Rd. Almost to downtown/old Roseville. 

Every time we have been on the trail there are lots of walkers and some bikes, but very few "hard core" bikers, I like to call them. The ones who speed past you and get annoyed when you are in their way :) This was very family friendly and there were TONS of wildflowers! We took these pictures just a few weeks ago probably at the peak of spring flower season. So, if you missed them this year, try and go next year in early April...and bring your kids and your camera!

Overall, I think this is a great trail for families, especially if you have little ones. So much to explore and it is right here in the middle of Roseville!

You even get a little looksy at me and my family :)




And look! A geocache! And we weren't even looking for it.

2 comments:

  1. I have to know where these purple flowers are!! Please & Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello !
    Thanks for sharing this. I lved your pictures and those beautiful purple flowers.
    I am interested to do this beautiful hike with my two daughters. Can you tell me the exact GPS positions to get at the Sierra College entrance ?
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete